[r-t] Attribution (was Seven Deadly Sins)

Roddy Horton roddy.horton at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 20:19:28 UTC 2005

The problem of originality has nothing to do with using composing tools. It
simply exists!

An example is a composition of London S Major that I produced in 1977,
called it in March 1978 and it was published in the Ringing World on page
552 that year. It has since been called a number of times.

In 1997 (or it may have been late 1996) Alan Ainsworth wrote to the Ringing
World suggesting that it had been composed by Stephen Ivin in 1965.

No easy way out of that one and so I gave dual credit in the 2001 Collection
of Composition in Popular Major Methods.

Roddy