[r-t] Nelson's Victory

Don Morrison dfm at mv.com
Tue Sep 13 15:04:20 UTC 2005

On 9/13/05, andrew sibson <a.sibbo at talk21.com> wrote:
> > > Does Nelson's Victory Treble Bob Minor extend to
> > major?
>
> Didn't I ask this question (or a similar one) a few
> weeks back?

Oops. Sorry. I guess I wasn't paying sufficient attention!

> ...and what's the betting more than one of them get
> rung on Oct 21st? Who gets to claim the name?

If more than one gets rung, presumably the peal that finishes first
gets the name, and the others enter into correspondance with the CC
Methods Committee to pick alternative names, with all sorts of silly
possibilities like "Nelson's Ship", "Nelson's Viktory", "Nelson's
Victorie" or "Villeneuve's Defeat"?

--
Don Morrison <dfm at mv.com>
"[I] am rarely happier than when spending an entire day