[r-t] Writtle

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Thu Apr 13 14:56:45 UTC 2006

I see that no answer has been given so far about Writtle but, as far as I
can see, the 'old' rules did not allow the proffered extension since a
static extension below, which this is, requires the 34 places to remain 'in
situ'. This is because the 4th place in each case is immediately below the
treble (dodging in 5-6) in the minor, and this has always been a quality
worth preservation.

Extensions below the treble would seem to have been limited to:
SFG: 1x2x1.34.2.34.1.34.2.34.1
EFG: 1x2x1.34.2.34.1.56.4.56.1

It is difficult to see by sight what additional extensions would become
avaialable using 'quantum' extension, but I think there is scope for a 2CD
extension below which probably looks like 1x2x1x2x1.56.2.56.1

The two methods given are not related, but if Writtle Minor has not been
'legitimately' named....

Strictly E&OE
Best wishes
Robin