[r-t] PB7 Calling Positions

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Wed Aug 2 13:52:38 UTC 2006

I imagine that this arose because it was usual at one time to use 'natural
course ends' for composition purposes, and it is interesting to note that
'coursing order' is not mentioned until page 109 of 'Ropesight'. This is
after the section on Plain Bob Major.

I read somewhere that 'Ropesight', when published, was describing a
compartively new system. After all, we were all told not to ring by numbers
when learning, weren't we? Later, we're told to use the coursing order, and
if that's not 'ring by numbers', I don't know what is.

Best wishes,
Robin.