[r-t] Tittums

Philip Saddleton pabs at cantab.net
Wed Feb 15 11:34:51 UTC 2006

I came up with exactly this a few days ago, but wondered how best to
expand it to a peal length. Ideally an even mixture of the different
calls. Choosing a different observation bell for the Ins, with a single
lead between the two 14 calls, we get a cyclic 11-part - false to
Bristol, but giving a 33440 to Maypole. In each course some of the bells
are tittums coursing while the others give a run, e.g

6072 Crayford Little Bob Maximus

0 1ET907856423
8 1ET907862534
6 1ET908273645
4 1ET029384756
4 1890E7T62534
6 1890ET273645
8 1890ET234756
0 1890ET234567
11-part

For a group E or K method the same effect can be had with consecutive
bobs, but losing the feature of a whole course between calls, e.g. this
service touch:

240 Little Bob Royal
  1234567890
  1648203957