[r-t] Tintinnalogia / CC Decisions

Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
Sun Jun 18 04:36:27 UTC 2006

Graham:
"I submit the following detailed change proposal for your consideration and
constructive comment"

The thing is the whole tone and patched-up nature of the current Decisions
is so rotten, ineffectual, inelegant that there's no point suggesting minor
tweaks. What you need to fundamental overhaul.

I see that freely-available versions of Stedman's groundbreaking
Tintinnalogia (1671) have been put online at
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/18567 (apologies if this has been mentioned
elsewhere - if so I must have missed it).

It strikes me as both hugely sad and morally bankrupt that the current
Decisions refuse to allow some of the historic and truly ground-breaking
extents on 5 and 6 bells detailed in Tintinnalogia, purely because they
don't conform to the Methods Committee's twisted value-judgements over what
should be acceptable as a method.

Shame on you, Tony Smith. Shame on you.