[r-t] Tintinnalogia / CC Decisions

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 11:39:23 UTC 2006

On 6/18/06, Philip Earis <pje24 at cantab.net> wrote:
> Graham:

> I see that freely-available versions of Stedman's groundbreaking
> Tintinnalogia (1671) have been put online at
> http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/18567 (apologies if this has been mentioned
> elsewhere - if so I must have missed it).

I  certainly had not heard
Judging by the Title page, I note that this is actually from the
so-called second edition., the only known copy of which is in the
Bodleian
  LONDON,
  Printed for _F.S._ and are to be Sold by
  _The Archer_, at his Shop under the _Dyal_ of
  St. _Dunstan's Church_ in _Fleet-street_, 1671.

I would respectfully suggest that rather than "The Archer"  that
should be Tho. Archer

The first edition reads:
LONDON,
Printed by W.G. for Fabian Stedman,
at his shop in St. Dunstan's Churchyard in Fleet Street.   1668

mew