[r-t] Decisions

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 12:10:19 UTC 2006

On 6/19/06, Robin Woolley <robin at robinw.org.uk> wrote:

> Wasn't Tintinnalogia by Duckworth, not Stedman?

So the word has it  but the title page (making no mention of Duckworth
by name) does read: "Printed by WG for Fabian Stedman"

> Stedman, in Campanalogia,
> requests the abandonment of Plain Change peals.

No he doesn't. You are thinking of the 1702 book which nevertheless
still included several which had first appeared in T then again in C.
I half recall reading in the RW that Plain Changes were still
practiced as late as the 19th century in some places

> Eddie - you may be right about Variable Cover, but this reminds me that
> Variable Hunt is mentioned. Once agaion, this is one of those things revived
> to great fanfares 30 years ago, which, once again, very rarely appears.

I was (& am) dead against variable cover but variable hunt is another
thing. I'm glad that 30 years ago they decided to open the doors a
little to allow VC even if it has never caught on all that much

Cheers
Eddie