[r-t] Change Proposal to CC Decisions - on peal lengths

Don Morrison dfm at mv.com
Sat Jun 24 12:35:29 UTC 2006

On 6/24/06 6:15 AM, Graham John wrote:
> Does anyone know what the earliest peal shorter than 5040 is?

I've no idea if this was first, but it certain predates the three you quote:

The fourth peal Felstead has listed as being rung at St Sepulchre was
5000 Union Bob Royal, rung for the ASCY on 30 May 1741. (details in
Morris, p 106; I presume the peal board is still in the tower; according
to Morris "Union Bob Royal" is what we would today call Oxford Treble
Bob Royal).

--
Don Morrison <dfm at mv.com>
"When one burns one's bridges, what a very nice fire it makes."