[r-t] 42 different extents

Philip Saddleton pabs at cantab.net
Sat Sep 9 21:09:35 UTC 2006

I made a slight miscalculation earlier. I think the correct figures are

3 parts:
Palindromic: Bobs or Singles 1 each, Both 1 (no plains) = 3 (x4 = 12)

2 parts:
Asymmetric: Both 3 (one with no plains) = 3 (x12 = 36)

1 parts:
Palindromic: Bobs or Singles 2 each, Both 9 = 13 (x12 = 156)
Asymmetric: Both 6 (x24 = 144)

Total 348

This doesn't increase the number with only one type of call, but there
are 25 distinct extents ignoring rotations and reversals, and 34
including reversals. I think that calling all of these would be a bit of
a challenge.

Unfortunately allowing extremes doesn't help much - just one palindromic
four-part.

--
Regards
Philip