[r-t] Double extent of major

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Tue Dec 4 18:02:32 UTC 2007

It seems to me that there is no such restriction.  Any treble dodging
method should work.  (I have just checked Cambridge).

Taking rows 1,2,5,6,9,10,13,14 of each half lead gives a plain method
(with lots of jump changes), so these rows form a true extent.  Then each
of the other rows can be paired up with one of these, with the treble in
the same place (row 3 with row 1 etc), and the transposition relating the
pairs with the treble in a given position is always the same.  Therefore
they form a true extent too.

Ander