[r-t] FW: Spliced Surprise Major problem

King, Peter R peter.king at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jan 9 09:01:13 UTC 2007

Can I ask how these compositions were produced? I assume from the rapidity of their production that they were computer generated. If so what was the software? As a more general (and perhaps more interesting question) could someone write something about the general principles behind composition generating algorithms. Clearly it is more intelligent than just trial and error or exhaustive search. I would be quite interested to see what the structured approach is.

thanks,

Peter