[r-t] FW: Spliced Surprise Major problem

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Tue Jan 9 12:27:37 UTC 2007

On 1/9/07, John Goldthorpe <johng at omnieng.co.uk> wrote:
> Yes.  Of course, it is possible to join any methods that don't start
> with X with an X call.  I did wonder about this yesterday as most of the
> Chandler methods don't start with X.  I'm giving it a try at the moment
> using X singles only and no bobs.  The results so far show that there
> are definitely less possibilities than with the 3456 single only.

And, of course, such a composition will also have to have an even
number of changes of hunt bell (and thus more than one) in each part
(if it's major, with an even number of parts, etc).

--
Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org>, <dfm2 at cmu.edu>
"People the world over understand (and the more downtrodden,