[r-t] Debasing Grandsire Triples

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Mon Aug 11 12:35:49 UTC 2008

At the risk of raising Mark's blood pressure:

There have been at least two schemes used for ringing bobs only peals
of Grandsire Triples that pass muster with the current Decisions:

- A 10,080

- Using two different kinds of bobs in a 5,040

There is at least one more, which produces a 5,040 using only one kind
of bob, albeit an unusual one:

  <http://ringing.org/main/pages/dfm/triples#7345>

or

  <http://ringing.org/main/pages/dfm/triples#7346>

Sorry, I just couldn't stop myself.

So, Mark, compared to this is a common bobs only 5,025 starting to
sound pretty good?

"And as long as we're considering all the possibilities, I might be
insane and imagining my entire life. I'd be the last person to know."
                                                       -- Scott Adams