[r-t] Anything Goes vs Peals Mean Something

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sun Aug 10 21:48:08 UTC 2008

Sorry, forgot to reply to RAS:

> Your 'whole lead' idea, even you've acknowledged is too restrictive.

No; the whole lead concept is too permissive, if anything (since a lead can
be very short indeed). It was "whole methods" which I said was too
restrictive (disallowing Grandsire Doubles rung both at the Doubles stage
and, as variable cover, as Minor).

I suspect we're running into problems with too much volume for anyone to
take in. I'll try and produce a summary of the points of view, with examples
and counterexamples, when I return from my trip.