[r-t] Peal lengths [was Anything Goes vs Peals Mean Something]

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Mon Aug 11 07:02:16 UTC 2008

Don writes,

> So it's not the purported, though non-existent, elegance you like and find
> beautiful, it's the Byzantine-ness. That's certainly a understandable
> taste.

Sorry, I don't see it as Byzantine. I see it as elegant. One length for
peals where extents matter. One length for peals where they don't. That's
elegant.

A solution which imposes the same minimum length for all peals is too
simplistic - it rides roughshod over the differences between the stages.
That's not elegant.

Right, I'm out of here!!