[r-t] Old short peals [was Anything Goes vs Peals Mean Something]

King, Peter R peter.king at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Aug 11 07:46:53 UTC 2008

> Has anyone discussed this down the pub with "ordinary" ringers?

The trouble with the ordinary ringer down the pub is that anything more
than an extent of bob doubles is advanced ringing! Ringers are
incredibly conservative and sheep like. I remember when I was learning
asking why peals of major plus were  >5000 and not >5040 and everyone
would say, well that's the way it is without giving any logical kind of
argument.