[r-t] Cambridge with asymmetric bobs

Ben Willetts ben at benjw.org.uk
Sun Aug 10 20:35:19 UTC 2008

Philip Saddleton (a long time ago):
> When you cal WHW you ring part of a course between W and H,
> and the rest backwards between H and W in another part. Try calling
> the 'Home' in the other half of the lead.

I never said thankyou for this.  An obvious solution, perhaps, but one I was
just not up to spotting for myself!

Helpfully, if you ring Cambridge with these bobs, both the W and the H end
up in the same lead so there is then an entire course in which to settle
down again before the next call.  (We rang a good quarter, though -- the
second 720 was pretty much spot on.)

Turning this effectively upside-down, you could move the 4ths, while the
treble is hunting 2-3, to 6ths, although this doesn't affect a coursing
three.  Has there ever been a peal of Minor rung in a single method where
each extent uses a different call (or calls)?  Might be interesting!

Ben