[r-t] Anything Goes vs Peals Mean Something

ted.steele at tesco.net ted.steele at tesco.net
Mon Aug 11 18:37:37 UTC 2008

---- Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com> wrote:

> The type of 'truth' you are talking about ceased being the
> whole story about a hundred years ago.  Ever since E. Banks
> James first produced a 2,160 of minor which didn't result in
> rounds after each 720.

Yes, of course that is true. I did not make it clear that in referring to peals of 7 or less containing extents "as far as is possible" I was talking only of the total changes. I did not mean to exclude such multi-extent blocks. Peals based on these still contain only the minumum number of repeats to get the length, which is the important thing.

Ted