[r-t] Candidate definition #10

Ian Partridge ian at poncho.org.uk
Tue Aug 12 15:53:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Philip Earis <Earisp at rsc.org> wrote:
> I also strongly feel that 5000+ for any stage is sensible.  It's hard to
> work out why MBD and Ian get so worked up about this.  There are even
> good historical precedents, as RAS mentioned.

Here is one reason why I think it's important (I'm not worked up about
it though :-))

Eventually, these decisions are going to have to be voted on. At that
meeting, someone will point out that the new decisions will allow a
band to ring a peal of grandsire triples that is less than 5040
changes and thus doesn't contain the extent. There will be a lot of
murmuring and discontent, and the proposal will be defeated.

--
Ian Partridge

City of Southampton Orchestra - http://www.csorchestra.org