[r-t] Candidate definition #10

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Tue Aug 12 16:53:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Iain Anderson
<iain.anderson at talentinnovations.co.uk> wrote:

> Ian Partridge:
>
>> I would expand paragraph 4 to say
>> that where a peal is rung on stage S < 8, it must contain at
>> least 5040 rows.
>
> MBD:
>
>> [..] all revolving around the fact that 5040 means a lot for Triples,
>> and not very much for Major and above. There's a demarcation; I like
>> that. [...]
>
> 5040 means nothing for minimus and singles.  By using 5000 everywhere you
> give the band the choice to ring more if they want.

Indeed, this is why my example additional rule only mentioned Triples,
because Mark thinks (I think) that it is a unique special case.

"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender,
religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down
inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."   -- Dave Barry