[r-t] Candidate definition #10

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Wed Aug 13 07:05:35 UTC 2008

RAS writes,

> This is that a non-changing bell has to be in its home position.  So, if
> you are talking about ringing on 7 bells, and want to include an extent of
> minor as a block (or stage fragment), then the covering bell must be the
> seventh.

Well if so this is more restrictive than our earlier definitions. But it
still allows a similar example of 2-change nonsense:

1234567
2134567  34567
1234657  347
1234657  12347
1243567  127
1234567  12567
1234576  12345
1324567  145
1234567  14567
repeat

So I'm not sure that really helps: restricts more things, still allows crap.

Basically definition #10 isn't really helping us is it?