[r-t] Periodic table and chemical elements methods

Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
Tue Aug 19 22:14:29 UTC 2008

Me:
> I'm currently at a Chemistry conference and this has got me
> thinking...

Thinking more generally, can someone answer this question: how many
possible treble-dodging major overworks (and hence underworks) are there?
(treble only dodging once in each place)

An interesting sub-question is: how many "regular" treble-dodging major
overwork grids are there? I really dislike terms like "regular", but here
I'm using it to mean no more than two consecutive blows, no places in 7ths
above the treble, and no more than three adjacent places in any change.

A further related question that would interest me a lot is: what
proportion of these "regular" overwork grids have been rung in pealed
methods? How about underwork grids?  What are the most popular overworks
and underworks in terms of methods rung to peals that contain them?

Lots of questions.  Can anyone supply any answers?