[r-t] Extension

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Fri Jul 25 08:58:05 UTC 2008

Don asks about Alliance extensions. How long have I got, Don?

It is true that, when you are given extensions, and have tried a few
yourself, it does become crystal clear.

The extension of alliance methods is, to my mind at least, one where greater
liberalisation can be made. It is the same with Little methods and this is
before you get on to the more difficult cases (non-simple treble paths). I
wrote a paper on some of this some time ago, about the time of Anglia
Alliance 10/12 were rung/claimed.

I will put them on my web-site:

www.robinw.org.uk/anglia.doc

www.robinw.org.uk/ext.doc

Best wishes
Robin

PS: Peter King says, inter alia, "So Grandsire is completely different in
all these respects from plain bob, for which, allegedly, it is the odd bell
extension." Would you accept S. Oxford Bob triples as the extension of the
Minor?

PPS: I said "I once rang a 720 of PB6 ...." I should have remarked this was
in a peal of 7 minor methods - sorry.