[r-t] Grandsire Triples (was old methods)

Stephen Ivin s.ivin at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 16 14:45:42 UTC 2008

Bell News, Vol 2, p269 gives the following:

The following peal, which is upon an original plan, consists of five
parts in each half-peal, the two halves being called alike. If the part
be four times repeated, omitting the call at the fifth lead in the first
course in each of the other parts, the first half peal will be produced.
Only one call, a single, is used throughout this peal, of which the
following is an example :-
5172634
1572634
1756243
7152634
This peal is an exceptionally easy one to call as the seventh is called
into and out of the hunt at the beginning of each course and also
called" Before" in the fifth and six courses in each series of six courses.
5040.
234567 1 2 3 5
436527 - - ­  -
362457 -­
625347 -­
254637 -­
642357 - - -­
326547 - - ­-
Four times repeated, omitting the call at five in the first course,
produces the first half peal. The whole to be then repeated.
    JAMES LOCKWOOD.
First rung on February 21st. 1874 (the second bell being the
observation), at St Matthew's, Holbeck, Leeds; conducted by Tom Lockwood.

Steve