[r-t] Grandsire Triples (was old methods)

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 16:27:42 UTC 2008

How's this:
The 5040 can be set out in 60 blocks where every lead is a common single.
The problem then is to link these 60 blocks without using bobs or any other
device other than  plain leads.
Because plain leads exist in sets of 5, it seems to me that we are once
again up against the old q-set difficulty of adding an even number to an odd
wch can never result in the total being even. I think it brings me back to
my old gripe about 'New Grandsire' For, as I recall (& I don't recall things
too well) when I was looking for as many all singles as poss, I came up
against blocks which cannot be rung to Grandsire (start with 7ths and end
with 3rds) but would be ok if we called this 'New Grandsire'.
But, on the insistance of the current Methods Committee Chairman, 'New
Grandsire' is really Grandsire.

Having initially called "Go Grandsire", when the conducter came to the (New
Grandsire) biits, what would he call other than an expletive?

Eddie