[r-t] Jump Changeringing

John Fryer j.fryer at hotkey.net.au
Mon Jul 21 23:39:36 UTC 2008

> Don wrote,
>> "You are standing outside a tuneful little six ...
>> imagine the band is ringing a touch of Cambridge Treble Jump."
>
>" Yes, you're right, and I like this example Don. However I suppose "little
> six" is the operative word here.

  How far can a bell jump?
> Presumably it depends on what tower and bell you're ringing. So some
> compositions couldn't be rung at all towers (or at least, not well); and
> you
> could do more in hand than you could in tower. It's just a bit vague in my
> mind really - maybe that's just me."
           *************

It's easier if the bells only jump out towards the back of the next
change,e.g.

123456
234165     Treble jumps from lead to 4ths
342615
426351
264531
645213
456123
561432
615342
153624
531264     Treble jumps from lead to 3rds
312546
123456

This could be rung on big sixes by ringers with very good bell control.

John Fryer