[r-t] Methods [was Grandsire/New Grandsire, etc]

tom willis tompw at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 12:19:01 UTC 2008

>> But in the passage quoted at the beginning of this message you
>> yourself refer to "jump changes". [...] "well, I don't really know
>> what jump changes are, but they sure sound like a kind of change".
>
> Indeed, and let's remember that "plain changes" aren't permitted these days
> either. How about "Method Ringing" versus "Change Ringing"?
>

> Leigh

What would be included under "method ringing" would include principles and diffferentials, so "method ringing" isn't an accurate description.
Personally, I would want to describe anything involving bells moving by at most one position as "change ringing" (thus including dixonoids), and use another term to encompass things involving jump changes... how about "permutation ringing"?

Tom Willis