[r-t] Maidstone Major & Bob Major Triples

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 20:14:57 UTC 2008

Eddie wrote:

> Same thing innit

No.

> The Bob Major calls wouldn't work, surely you mean '
> Bob Triples? ie bob = 1258 (when 2 comes home) &
> single = 123458

While ringing Bob Triples on the back 7 would clearly work, I was
suggesting, based on their description, that they may have rung Bob Major
removing all the rows where the treble is not leading i.e. using a
composition of the extent of Bob Major and standard 14 bobs and 1234
singles. The line looks different though, because the hunting is backwards.

e.g. the standard 160 of Bob Major would be an eighth of its normal length =
20 changes:

 12345678
 13254768
-12357486