[r-t] Ben Constant's Yorkshire Royal

Alan Barber delibaba at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 07:21:35 UTC 2009

Is the composition simple, and elegant? Is the music well-distributed?
Do things come in the "right order" during the peal?> > To me, the ideal composition is one that's kind to the band, that's easy to> ring; and yet rewarding, capable of surprising. It's one that looks good on> paper - neat, tidy, as if it should have been invented a dozen times before,> but never has; as if if it was always out there in the search space, begging> to be discovered. It's one that has some structure, some self-> referentiality; perhaps it is a one-part that is so beautifully arranged> that it is as simple to understand as a multi-part. It's one where the music> develops and evolves, rather than just exists. It's a composition that has > soul.> > These things are less easy for a computer to understand. Mind you, I'm not> sure most ringers understand either...> > MBD

Blimey MBD this is actually something I can understand and agree with for once!

Ali