[r-t] Muppet Show S Major

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Thu Mar 5 03:58:49 UTC 2009

2009/3/4 Stephen Beckingham <bex280 at hotmail.com>:
> What struck me most was not just the number but the variety of runs
> in the same course. There were
> 5678's/8765's/4567's/7654's/3456's/6543's/2345's/5432's on the front
> and back, plus a few involving the treble, all in the same course.

I don't know that the variety of runs is all that remarkable. You
pretty much get the same variety in, say, the same course of
Superlative. But the grand total number of runs, especially including
all those 5 and 6 bell ones, is extraordinary, nearly a third more
than in that course of Superlative.

"The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with
no decision making ability whatsoever to make six decisions
just to buy one cup of coffee."
               -- Nora Ephron, screenplay for _You've Got Mail_