[r-t] Proportion of Surprise Methods

King, Peter R peter.king at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Mar 19 17:06:37 UTC 2009

Errm, I'm not sure I see the rationale for that point of view. The CC definitions are unambiguous and clear - if arbitrary. I'm not sure how one can disagree with them per se. You can think they're not very useful and archaic (like the old plain method classifications, like Imperial and Court) or you can suggest new classifications which add real benefit. then you would have to give them new names to replace surprise TB etc.  But, given the present definitions Yorkshire is a surprise method. If it really helps you can say its a class beta method and not class alpha if you explain what that is and why it helps anyone to know this.

Peter