[r-t] Common Grandsire singles in Oxford Bob Triples

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Tue May 5 11:43:46 UTC 2009

Much obliged Steve. I'm afraid that I do not have a copy of said Collection :-(
However, since you speak of
"a singled-in block of 15 leads in place of 5 singled-in B-blocks"
I assume that the original 5 bobbed blocks happened to have a plain
lead q-set to link them up and what would work is if the blocks
contained the relationship:
1234567
1253746
1275634
1267453
1246375
Then omitting initial 3rds (as per New Grandsire) the blocks would
link together and the whole if  inverted would now ring as Grandsire
proper...a single to link any of the bobbed leads (ie former 'normal'
3rds) to the main comp would do the trick....However this IS an
exceptional condition (that 5 otherwise isolated bobbed blocks could
be linked by initially ringing New Grandsire on them) that I feel that
my original statement stands pretty solid

cheers
Eddie Martin.