[r-t] The most uninteresting peal composition?

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Thu Apr 22 18:30:45 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 5:38 AM, David Sullivan
<david_vince_sullivan at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I rang a quarter of Yorkshire Major recently in which I, on
> the 5th, made so many bobs that I ended up ringing 3rds
> place bell only once. I was wondering what the longest
> length obtainable was with the tenors together and one bell
> never ringing 3rds place bell at all.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 5:55 AM, David Sullivan
<david_vince_sullivan at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Oops, the quarter I made the bob in a lot was Cambridge Major,
> not Yorkshire. Might reduce the number of available changes a bit.

In the following the 7 never rings third, fourth or eighth place bell,
and the 8 never rings second, sixth or seventh place bell:

    http://ringing.org/main/pages/display?id=306

"Diversity may be the hardest thing for a society to live with,
and perhaps the most dangerous thing for a society to be
without."     -- William Sloane Coffin, _Essays on Public Morality_