[r-t] Asymmetric Doubles

Ted Steele ted.steele at tesco.net
Thu Aug 5 15:55:50 UTC 2010

  On 05/08/2010 12:31, Philip Earis wrote:
> "5.  1.  5.  3.  5.  3.  125.1.  3.  1"
>
> Sam:
> "Morning, Can anyone tell me how to get a round block of Harrington Bob Doubles please?"
>
> Assuming the notation is as supplied, this works fine for a 240:
>
> (b,p,p,b,p,p,p,b,b,p,p,b) repeat
>
> p=+5.1.5.3.5.3.125.1.3.1
> b=+5.1.5.3.5.3.125.1.3.145
Serious question Philip; since that bob appears to just swap over two
bells, should it not be called a Single? Simple explanation of the why's
and wherefore's, if any, would be appreciated. Or have I missed
something? Busy doing other stuff so haven't written out any figures.
(In many ways of course, I suppose it doesn't matter what we call it;
but then again....).

Ted