[r-t] minor with no adjacent places

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 08:19:41 UTC 2010

On 17 December 2010 21:30, Alexander Holroyd <holroyd at math.ubc.ca> wrote:
> What extents of minor with no adjacent places have been rung?
>
> By adjacent places, I mean place notations 12,34,56,1236, etc.
>
> It is easily possible to construct such an extent.  E.g. there are bobs-only
> extents of original.  But I can't think of anything commonly rung that is
> like this.

I.m only halfway through the first cup of coffee and am not really
awake, but at first thought I'd say that you can't get an extent of
plain minor because it would need two singles, and you can't get an
extent of T.B. mnor because it needs places when treble is in 3-4
therefore only Minor principals offer the possibility...but looking at
who asked the question, I know you already know that!!
Eddie Martin