[r-t] Exhausted search spaces

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Wed Feb 3 19:20:22 UTC 2010

Alexander Holroyd wrote:

>> Having said that, setting up a page on the wiki for people to record what
>> their searches in popular methods have exhausted (specifying the
>> constraints) is not a bad idea. If people on this list are prepared to
>> contribute, I'll create a page to start it off.
>
> Sounds like a good idea!

I don't think it does.  What does it actually achieve.
Suppose I do an exhaustive search of ordinary length
tenors-together peals of (say) Cornwall.  Assuming the list
of compositions was very long (as I guess it would be), I
would probably extract a few that looked pleasing and
publish them and ditch the rest.  How does knowing that I've
done this help anyone else?

RAS