[r-t] Musical quarter of Bristol Surprise Major

Richard Pullin grandsirerich at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 23 12:42:31 UTC 2010

I find that starting at the snap is pretty good due to the 'double runs'.
For example, the lead end 1xxx7586 would produce 5678s and 8765s whereas
1xxx5678 would only produce 5678s.
Taking this a step further, the coursing order 64532 is ideal because it
produces 2345s and 5432s off the front and back as well as a 45678 off the
front.
My own Quarter is:

1376
(snap start) 2B, 2M, W, F, I , sH, sW (snap finish)

I like this but unfortunately the Fourths-In cancels the 45678 off the
front.

I like the Quarter by James and had produced that myself last year. M,H,W
can be great for little bell music.

One musical Q-set is this:
1120
M,H,W,V,F

Every course has something of interest- all it needs is a bit of effective
padding.

>>What is the most musical quarter peal of Bristol Surprise Major with a
maximum of say 1440 changes?