[r-t] Musical quarter of Bristol Surprise Major

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sun Jan 24 16:03:34 UTC 2010

Further to my last note, SMC32 tells me I'm an idiot and there is a
simple variation of my favourite WH BMH WM sWH composition with more music:

1314 Bristol S Major arr MBD (SMC32)

53246
32546 W
35246 H
63542 B
63245 sM
64235 sH
42635 W
42356 M
32456 sW

Contains:
Entire plain course
7 xxxx5678
8 xxxx6578
1 xxxx8765
7 8765xxxx
1 5678xxxx
24 LB5
60 LB4

The sMsH gives the near-miss course 63245 in place of 63425, with a big
increase in treble-based LB runs. Why didn't I think of this?

On pure numbers, this is nearly as good as the weird one with negative
courses SMC32 found first. On paper it certainly looks much nicer.
Amazing that something you thought perfect can still be improved.