[r-t] False Course Heads

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Sun May 16 05:06:21 UTC 2010

Alex Tatlow wrote:

> Does such a publication, or website, exist that explains
> simply about method falseness etc?

I recomment John Leary's 'A Handbook of Composition', ISBN
0-900271-25-4.  However, looking at the Central Council
website, I see that this has recently gone out of print:

   http://www.cccbr.org.uk/bibliography/#handbookOfComposition

Nevertheless, if you can locate a copy, it is well worth it.

Wilf Wilson's somewhat dated 'Art and Science of Change
Ringing on Church and Hand Bells' also has a reasonable
section on falseness, though to my mind it is less thorough
than Leary's treatment.  This seems to still be available:

   http://www.cccbr.org.uk/bibliography/#changeRingingWilson

RAS