[r-t] False Course Heads

Glenn Taylor gaataylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 16 07:32:03 UTC 2010

-----
I seem to remember reading on one of the ringing e-lists that the
designation of the false course head groups had been changed since Wilson's
book was published. Is this so or did I imagine it?
-----

The (major) FCH groups fall into three categories: groups containing in &
out of course members, groups containing out-of-course members only and
groups [of which there are only three] with no tenors-together members.
Originally, groups in the first category were labelled using capital
letters, lower case for the second and X, gamma & delta [using Greek
letters] for the third. For reasons that I do not know, this was changed to
lower case, upper case and X,Y,Z (respectively). This may be what you are
referring to.

Glenn