[r-t] Composing challenge - 1788 Plain Bob Maximus

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Wed Nov 17 09:21:07 UTC 2010

I'll admit to being a complete traditionalist with this type of
composition. Funny lengths, variable treble, weird starts - I don't like
any of them I'm afraid.

So, here's my attempt to do something more standard. This effort bears
deliberate resemblance to a trad Grandsire Caters composition. It has an
interesting opening section including cyclic-style runs, after which the
bells settle into the standard Tittums position; we then turn to the
Handstroke Homes for the (almost!) classic finish. No duffer courses,
standard fourth's place calls. Do I win the prize?

1788* Plain Bob Maximus
comp. MBD

  234567890ET
  -----------