[r-t] 147 TDMM

Matthew Frye matthew at frye.org.uk
Sat Oct 23 02:03:01 UTC 2010

On 22 Oct 2010, at 22:30, Alexander Holroyd wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, Philip Earis wrote:
>
>> No need to apologise - this is stunning work. 81kb of pure razor-sharp insight.  Generations down the line there will be longs sung round campfires about this work.
>
> I agree entirely with the sentiment, but what are "longs"?  Like songs but much more specialized and only suitable for a technical audience? ;)

Well, given the length of emails so far…

Also, the version of the email I received only seems to be 42.4 kB, I am now wondering what miraculous splices were contained in the other 38.6 kB that weren't delivered to me! Regardless, these are astonishing results.

While considering singles/out of course lh/le, would it be possible to go the full distance and include variable treble plans into this search? I imagine if you insisted on each bell spending at least 1 lead in the hunt, this should restrict options significantly, but is it enough?

In other news: I have an answer to Phil's "winking-up" question from months back (it's not possible [For certain cases. Within some limits. I think]). Full email to follow sometime this weekend.

Matthew