[r-t] 147 TDMM

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Sun Oct 24 22:38:36 UTC 2010

> While considering singles/out of course lh/le, would it be possible to
> go the full distance and include variable treble plans into this search?
> I imagine if you insisted on each bell spending at least 1 lead in the
> hunt, this should restrict options significantly, but is it enough?

That's an interesting idea!  The same search approach that I suggested for
including singles should indeed work here.  If, as you say, we insist on
each bell getting in the hunt, one could insist that the FIRST 6 leads
chosen already have this property, which would dramatically cut down the
search.  I wouldn't be surprised if this search could be completed very
fast as well.  At least for some restricted classes of methods, and
perhaps the whole 147.

Ander