[r-t] More on cyclic spliced

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Mon Sep 20 14:19:07 UTC 2010

> What I want is a 7-part composition of the standard eight, one lead of
> each method per part (i.e. 8 leads), with a cyclic part end. I suspect
> this isn't possible, but don't have the know-how to prove it.

Assuming my software hasn't screwed up, I believe there are 1,211
possibilities with ordinary bobs only, 375 of which contain no
backstroke 87s. As the full list of them is too long to comfortably
post to this mailing list, I've put it at

<http://ringing.org/spliced-quarters.txt>

"Authorship-—a vocation which is understood to turn foolish
thinking into funds."        -- George Eliot, _Daniel Deronda_