[r-t] 4 Spliced All the Work

johng at omnieng.co.uk johng at omnieng.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 11:59:19 UTC 2010

----- "Robert Lee" <rlee5040 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I like these quarters, John, but is it possible to have the same
> qualities with any more changes
> of method? The challenge of Horton's Four is, to me, the frequent
> changes of method, as is the
> case in Roddy's classic peal.

The reason it's a classic peal (to me at least) is that it is
all-the-work and has a relatively long tenors-together section.  In a
quarter peal length there are only 10 leads of each method to play with,
so I think the only way to achieve all the work is to have whole courses
or nearly whole courses of each method.  I'd be interested to see a
tenors together 1280 in any four standard TD Major methods that has all
the work and a significant number of com (over 20 say).

> I've found this in my yellowing archives - it's only 67% of all the
> work, but has a change of method
> every lead. Surely by using a one part format, this could be improved?

Probably, but a composition is either atw or it isn't :)

John