[r-t] Spliced (was Spliced Cinques & Max)

John Camp camp at bellringers.org
Wed Sep 22 16:57:13 UTC 2010

I think I've brought this up before on another list.  In the early 60s,
before singles in surprise were generally accepted, peals of Cambridge
or Yorkshire Maximus were shortened from 5280 to 5040 by ringing one
lead of the 12th-place version.  Basil Jones was a great exponent of
this.  These were published as 'spliced surprise maximus in two
methods' (Cambridge and Primrose, or whatever).  Was this correct?

JEC