[r-t] Fwd: Cambridge New Start/Rhubarb

Andrew Johnson andrew_johnson at uk.ibm.com
Fri Jan 21 15:39:44 UTC 2011

> On 13 January 2011 19:06, Daniel Brady <danielw.brady at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I believe Richard Grimmett asked a few months back for an extent of
> > Cambridge Minor using only splices into the method at any backstroke.
> > Due to my somewhat overzealous deleting of emails I cannot remember if
there
> > were any constraints to the touch, for example work for each bell
notably
> > the treble, and number of COM (for want of a better term)?
> > Daniel
>
> The message is archived at:
>
> <http://bellringers.net/pipermail/ringing-theory_bellringers.net/
> 2010-May/003425.html>
>
> An extent of only Cambridge would be interesting to see though, if
> you have one.
>
> matt
A Cambridge extent with variable start is trivial:
x36x14x12x36x14x56x14x36x12x14x36x LE 12
so take any touch of Cambridge minor, then for a lead with a bob
replace
x36x14x12x36x14x56x14x36x12x14x36x LE 14
with
x36x14x12x36x14x56x14x36x12x14/"Cambridge"
x36x14/"Cambridge"
then ring the next lead as normal Cambridge again

Andrew Johnson

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.