[r-t] Principles

Simon Gay Simon.Gay at glasgow.ac.uk
Mon Jul 4 09:25:45 UTC 2011

Don Morrison asked:

---------------
This does raise a question, though: is it possible to have a method
with no hunt bell(s) where all the bells do the same work, but there
are not the same number of leads as bells? The Council's definitions
appear to be carefully addressing such a case, but it's not clear to
me that it can arise in practice. Can someone provide an example of
such a method?

What about taking two leads of Original to be a single lead of a new principle? For example, on 8, we get x18x18 as the place notation of a lead; the course consists of 4 leads; there are no hunt bells; and all the bells do the same work, i.e. plain hunting on 8.

I suppose this would be a differential rather than a principle.

Simon Gay