[r-t] true call-change touches

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Wed Jul 27 16:27:25 UTC 2011

bOn Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Graham John
<graham at changeringing.co.uk> wrote:
> So it does. Shows how carefully I read it. My approach still applies,
> although clearly there won't be an existing method that does this, as it
> will have more than four blows in each place, unless you call more than one
> swap at each change.

An alternative scheme might be to do something differential-ish.

For example, it's pretty easy to see how to get the extent on four
(for example, by emulating Double Court or Double Canterbury Minimus).
Do that on the front four, and every time you're about to come back to
rounds, make one step on the back four. Gets you up to 576 different
rows. If that's not enough, swap a pair of bells between the two
halves at some point, and then back again later, to double it. You can
easily shorten to taste by omitting extents on the front four whenever
desired.

"[She] hated Literature. She'd much prefer to read a good book."
                            -- Terry Pratchett, _Soul Music_